Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant, Where are my files?

I transferred my files last night from my MacBook to my new IMac using Migration Assistant. The process took over night. My applications show up, however I can't find any of my files. After reading some of the forums, I realize both of my computers have the same account name, and that sounds like that may be the problem. Any idea where the files could be since I did this?

MacBook to IMac, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jan 7, 2009 5:52 AM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2009 7:19 AM in response to HeidiSAF

did you choose to transfer all user accounts as well as the applications during the migration? Migration assistant specifically asks you what you want to transfer. if you did transfer the accounts then you have to log in as a migrated user to see the transfered files. so log out of your current user and log into the migrated user.

Migration Assistant, Where are my files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.