Previous 1 2 3 Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2010 4:43 PM by Loren Ryter
jjgod Level 1 (0 points)
Hi, I just purchased Keynote Remote from app store and I'm running a trial version of Keynote '09.

I can successfully link Keynote Remote and Keynote within the Preferences -> Remote panel, and in Settings pane of Keynote Remote, my computer name does show up correctly.

However, Keynote Remote keep reporting the following message:

"Can't find Keynote on <My Computer Name>. Still looking..."

I'm running a wifi network created with my MacBook Pro (and shares Internet connection from MacBook Pro), the wifi does work correctly for my iPhone, I can confirm that.

MacBook Pro, 2nd gen, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • Jasin Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same problem!!

please help!!
  • Matthias Rempe Level 4 (1,560 points)
    Welcome to Apple Discussions, jjgod.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Maybe it helps to disconnect Keynote and iPhone and re-establish the connection. Check Apple's support document http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3325#2 for details.
    No, that did not work.
    Hey... i figured mine out!!

just go to system preferences, security, and check allow all incoming connections.

it worked for me!!
  • Sherri69 Level 1 (0 points)
    Awesome, thank you - that worked for me, too. If you don't want to "allow all incoming connections", you can also "set access for specific services and application" and add Keynote to the list.
  • Allen Hall Level 1 (30 points)
    We really need a bit more info on this- what ports and what type of connection is it using? I tend to keep a tight reign on all connections- so is it UDP? TCP? Bonjour ports? I can run remote with iTunes, but no luck with Keynote. I'm running a different firewall stack (ala Flyingbuttress), so we need a bit more info here, Apple!
  • Michael Paine Level 2 (335 points)
    I have allowed incoming connections on my Macbook. It took a long time (over a minute) for the link to be established after I entered the passcode. Now it seems to work fine.
  • tcinsd Level 1 (0 points)
    Try opening port 52005 TCP.

That worked for me (using WaterRoof).
  • macfixer Level 1 (25 points)
    Hello All,

I have the same problem of not connecting to Keynote, get message "Cant find Keynote on MacBook"

Works fine on Mac Pro Tower. I have Little Snitch running on the Mac Pro but not the MacBook. On Mac pro have Firewall Set to Set Access for specific Applications and Keynote is in the List of Applications.

Same Setting on MacBook or Allow all Incoming Connections will not work, cannot Connect, keeps the spinning wheel saying Still Looking.

We need v101 ASAP.
  • ensee Level 1 (0 points)
    Like the above, I'm having no luck with this app. Maybe it's an issue with the MacBook - hopefully Apple can get a fix out before my iWork 09 demo runs out and convince me to buy it...
  • Bodsham Level 1 (10 points)
    Same problem here - Keynote sees Keynote Remote and pairs with it then Remote says it can't find Keynote. The firewall is open so it can't be that. One more shoddy Apple product - I really wonder what's happening to this company. I bought 09 specifically for this feature.
  • Matthias Rempe Level 4 (1,560 points)
    I think I can't help you with Keybote remote. Anyway, maybe you could try Stage Hand. They updated their program so it now works with Keynote 09. Stage Hand handles several open Keynote files better than Keynote remote does. You can choose which one to start in Stage Hand while with Keynote Remote you need to "activate" the one you want to use.
  • Bodsham Level 1 (10 points)
    I did buy Stagehand and found it often packed up halfway through a presentation for some reason. But will try again. Strangely enough Keynote remote worked on my Air even though it didn't on my MacBook Pro. Very odd....
  • dvo-voa Level 1 (0 points)
    Hi,

I have a different problem.
    My MacBook is detecting my iPone on the RemotePreference window perfectly. When I try to link, it does not work. It tells me: Linking failed. Remote did not respond.
    Why does this hapen? It works perfectly with iTunes.
    Anything will help.
Previous 1 2 3 Next