Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancelled the Invitation Problem

I am a new user. One buddy tries to set up video and audio connections with me. I get the ring and see that they are trying but the message is "cancelled the invitation". Another friend has successfully done both video and audio with me with no problem. We were also able to add the problem buddy on a conference set up by the second buddy. In addition, the problem buddy does not stay added to my buddy list on ichat but does stay in my address book. HELP!!

Posted on Jan 7, 2009 8:00 PM

8 replies

Jan 9, 2009 1:22 PM in response to Byrdie937

AS Defcom has hinted at this issue tends to be a feature in the Modem or router.

These devices that have Denial of Service Protection often see the amount of iChat Video Data as an Attack and cut the port the Video is On (to protect the whole connection)

It is designed to protect Web Servers mainly.

There is rarely an adjustment and you need to turn the feature Off.

It tends to look intermittent as some Buddies on faster Internet Connections or a faster Mac can send you more data faster than other Buddies.

User uploaded file

9:22 PM Friday; January 9, 2009

Jan 9, 2009 1:58 PM in response to Byrdie937

I finally called Apple help. They also thought it was a bandwidth problem initially. As a last resort they tech had me set up a test ichat account and try to add my problem Buddy. It worked. Then we trashed all the ichat files and started over. I can now video, audio, and text with my problem Buddy. Thanks to all for your interest, time, and help!!

Cancelled the Invitation Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.