Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD w/ music sync

I am trying to load a series of pictures into iDVD to play like a slide show. I want to put music with it as well, but I can't get it to time up correctly. I remember using a Microsoft program the same way, but it had a 'storyboard' on the screen, so you could make your music to match the picture by sliding an icon underneath the picture (you could make it longer or shorter, fade in and out etc) but I don't seem to be able to do this with iDVD. Is there a way? or should I be using another program ? (iMovie?) do I need to go back to MS? thanks is advance. Pete

Imac-intel

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 9:14 AM

or should I be using another program ? (iMovie?)

Yes. Use iM6 (free download from apple assuming you have already purchased iLife'08): http://support.apple.com/downloads/iMovieHD6

FCP allows for precision audio and video editing also. It's the ultimate video editing tool for precise control of all video editing.

And although iM6 doesn't offer as many bells and whistles: it too can edit to the beat when working in the audio track/s (but not quite as precisely as FCP / apple's pro apps).

User uploaded file
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2009 9:14 AM in response to pdewald011205

or should I be using another program ? (iMovie?)

Yes. Use iM6 (free download from apple assuming you have already purchased iLife'08): http://support.apple.com/downloads/iMovieHD6

FCP allows for precision audio and video editing also. It's the ultimate video editing tool for precise control of all video editing.

And although iM6 doesn't offer as many bells and whistles: it too can edit to the beat when working in the audio track/s (but not quite as precisely as FCP / apple's pro apps).

User uploaded file

Jan 9, 2009 7:44 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks guys, I think I messed up. I have imovie, but I downloaded the suggested file (hd6?) I think I thought these are the same, so I just used imovie. I did not see a frame that looks like what you are showing me and that looks interesting. so far in imovie, I have just put together some slides, and titles, nothing on the audio tracks. Can I import this imovie into HD6? working with the audio tracks wasn't easy for me in iMoive. Example I tried putting some music to the slides, didn't like the music, and although I could shrink it down to like 1 sec, I couldn't get rid of the music completely. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/help. So far I am really excited about the output.

Jan 9, 2009 9:27 AM in response to pdewald011205

I think I thought these are the same, so I just used imovie.

Do you mean iMovie 08? If so, I am not sure if you can import a project form 08 into HD6. Hopefully, the veteran posters will weigh in on this one. If this cannot be done, you could always start the project over with iMovie HD6.

working with the audio tracks wasn't easy for me in iMovie.

I think that you will find HD6 very easy to use in this regard.

I hope this helps.

Jan 11, 2009 12:37 PM in response to pdewald011205

First you didn't add any music to the slideshow in iPhoto did you? If not then to add additional pictures you would have to put the playhead where you want to insert a picture, in the middle of a transition and type Command+T. That will split the video clip at the point of the playhead. It may mess up the transition and you'll have to add new transitions. It would be best to export a finished slideshow w/o music to Quicktime and then import that into iMovie HD 6 to add the audio. But you can try adding more to the existing video in iMovie. Best would be at the end of the video. Click the Media button and then the Photos button. That will bring up your iPhoto Library where you can drag photos into the timeline or into the Clips grid to hold them until you figure out where in the timeline you want them. The grid is only for photos or video clips that haven't been added to the timeline.

OT

Jan 12, 2009 7:29 PM in response to Old Toad

old toad thanks so much- I went back to my orginal in iMovie and added more slides (no audio) I was going to export it, and then import it into iMovie HD and put in the audio tracks. I exported just like I did the last one (in large format, it all seemed to work) but this time when I went to import it into iMovie HD I got the following error message,' The file could not be imported: The file “Macintosh HD/Users/wilsondewald/Movies/iMovie Projects/wolf creek 2009” can’t be imported; QuickTime couldn’t parse it: -43' Don't know what this means, except perhaps the file is too big?
any thoughts???

IDVD w/ music sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.