Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Space w/ Log & Capture - warning Dialogues get lost-have to force quit FCP

I've been using FCP with spaces for a while and when i have the log and capture/transfer window open and i'm in another space (say browsing the web while a tape is capturing) if i get some kind of warning dialogue while in another space, sometimes i'm not able to get back to the dialogue to hit "OK" and it gets lost between spaces or behind things and can't be found again. which in the cause of the L&C window you lose the ability to quit the application, and I end up having to Force quit FCP to regain control.

any way to keep the dialogues on top of everything, i set my systemevents.app from core services to be available in every space, but i'm not sure that's working.

PS - in trying to search for other "spaces" related posts the search wouldn't return just "spaces" even when i use double quotes as it specifies.

2.8 dual quad macPro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 7GB ram x1900 FCS 2 1TB RAID 0

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 2:36 PM

3 replies

Jan 8, 2009 2:44 PM in response to austin m

say browsing the web while a tape is capturing...

Please don't do this. Get another computer if you must surf the web while your tapes are capturing.
Seriously.

If your machine is supposed to be capturing, let it do that. Otherwise you greatly increase the chance of dropped frames and all kinds of other problems, such as your warning dialogs not being accessible.

Jan 8, 2009 2:51 PM in response to Nick Holmes

what's the point of having 8 cores if you can't multi-task? capturing tape isn't taxing whatsoever especially capturing to a RAID, and for the past couple years i've had very few issues with capturing hdv and doing other things at the same time, other than losing dialogue boxes and the occasional bad tape.

and if apple would hurry up and release a net book i'd love to get another computer to "surf the web on"

what I'm mostly looking for is a way to either use terminal or the activity monitor to find and kill whatever dialogue box is causing me the grief.

Space w/ Log & Capture - warning Dialogues get lost-have to force quit FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.