Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Users Accounts with Airport....... Help Please!!!

I just recently purchased an older g5 dual 1.8. Instead of doing a erase and install I opted for the manual add and delete of the old user. I was able to get rid of all of his old information, folders etc.... Except for Airport Extreme. When I set up to share my Internet Connection it shows his old name on the available local network. I changed this under my user Id and when I am logged in under my profile the airport shows up with the name I changed it to.

The problem...... When my wife logs in from her laptop it still comes up with the old owners name. How do I correct this??? I believe the problem is only with Airport the Computer name was changed.

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Dual 500, Dual 1.8 g5, Airport Extreme

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2009 7:57 PM

It sounds like you are using Internet Sharing on the G5 to create a wireless/AirPort network. To change the name of the network created you probably only need to change the name of the Mac in the Sharing preference pane.
1 reply

Users Accounts with Airport....... Help Please!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.