Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Leopard wont mount external HD via smb over wireless but Tiger will

438 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 12, 2009 1:37 AM by Stuart Marden RSS
Stuart Marden Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 9, 2009 11:32 AM
I have an Iomega HD connected to my router.
I can use SMB to connect to this drive wirelessly but it only shows as a shared server in finder and it will not mount. (It will mount if connected directly USB).

If I perform the exact same operation on my older mac book running tiger 10.4.11 the correct login box appears which asks me to select the SMB/SIFS shared volume I want to connect to then goes to the authentication screen detailing workgroup or domain and requests password - the drive then mounts on the desktop as the grey globe in a box called public.

This wont happen on the new macbook it connects fine but doesn't mount it it just shows as a shared drive.

I have seen a few similar problems but none exactly the same - does anyone else have this problem? Is it the new software, a simple setting I have missed (but have checked the file sharing setting are correct) or what?

Thanks
Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.