Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Updates

Hello All

Today I was prompted to install 4 upgrades which I accepted.

When the install progress bar appeared it showed a small amount of progress and then sat for ages doing nothing until I switched the machine off.

When I restarted I discovered that the updates were:-

MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.3
Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 2.4
Safari 3.2.1
Mac OS X Update 10.5.6

so I was probably lucky that I still have a working machine!

As far as I remember there was no warning that the updates included a firmware update.

I deselected the firmware update and tried again with the same results.

Is anyone else having problems with these updates?

I'm new to Apple Mac having only bought this one in December. I see from the update log that there have been several successful updates so far.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

13" Mac Book

Posted on Jan 10, 2009 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2009 7:01 AM

I had no problem with any of those updates.

Maybe try installing each one separately - also the 10.5.6 update is a big update (I think mine was 300MB) and will take some time to install (I can't remember how long it took for me before you ask!)
7 replies

Jan 10, 2009 10:56 AM in response to El Morche

Hello again

I've tried what Jim suggested.

The updates for Digital Camera and Safari have worked but when I try the Mac OS X update it just seems to sit there doing nothing. I let it sit for 20 minutes and then switched the machine off. I haven't tried the firmware update yet.

Is there a log file that I can check to see what the problem might be?

Thanks

Problem with Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.