Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lyrics not updated on purchased songs while playing

Hello,

iTunes 8. - current version on Mac OS X 10.5.6:

I just realized, that Harmonic is not longer updating lyrics while playing songs purchased on iTunes store. I tried the following:

- Purchased 128kBit DRM song - Play the song, open information dialog and try to add lyrics manually via copy'n paste ==> Not working

- Purchased 128kBit DRM song - Don't play the song, open information dialog and try to add lyrics manually via copy'n paste ==> working

- Purchased 256kBit Non-DRM song - Play the song, open information dialog and try to add lyrics manually via copy'n paste ==> Not working

- Purchased 256kBit Non-DRM song - Don't play the song, open information dialog and try to add lyrics manually via copy'n paste ==> working

- Imported MP3 song - Play the song, open information dialog and try to add lyrics manually via copy'n paste ==> working

As you can see, the problem occurs only on purchased songs (regardless of DRM or not) and only while the songs is played.

Any idea how to solve this?

btw - music is stored on a Buffalo Linkstation NAS, access via SMB share. Everything worked in iTunes 7, I fear this is linked to update on iTunes 8

Greetings from Germany!

Peter

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.5.5), iTunes 8, iTunes library on Buffalo Linkstation NAS device, accesss via SMB protocol

Posted on Jan 10, 2009 8:30 AM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2009 1:16 PM in response to pheck

One additional information:

I tried it on a .m4a DRM free file - didn't work. I see Harmonic finding the lyrics, but not updating the file. Then I asked iTunes to convert this song to a MP3 file (create mp3 version). When I then try it on the newly created mp3 version, the update of the lyrics works.

Strange!

Lyrics not updated on purchased songs while playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.