Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can't Open a ".fla" File

I was sent a flash file via email and now I cant open it. My computer is asking for an application to open it. What do I do? It was probably created on a pc. Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: DJ FROM CALI

IMAC(INTEL), Mac OS X (10.4.8), and a G3 running OS 9 w/21 inch studio display

Posted on Jan 10, 2009 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2009 6:21 PM

An FLA file is a Flash source file that contains all the animation and graphics. To manage this file you should have Macromedia Flash MX 6 or higher installed on your computer.

To open an FLA file in Macromedia Flash editor you should select "File/Open" from the top menu and browse to the location of your FLA file. A simpler way to open your file is just to drag and drop it from your file browser to your Macromedia Flash editor window. Also, if FLA files on your computer are based on the Macromedia Flash software, you can just double click it in your file browser and this file will be opened and ready to use.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

User uploaded file
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2009 6:21 PM in response to DJ FROM CALI

An FLA file is a Flash source file that contains all the animation and graphics. To manage this file you should have Macromedia Flash MX 6 or higher installed on your computer.

To open an FLA file in Macromedia Flash editor you should select "File/Open" from the top menu and browse to the location of your FLA file. A simpler way to open your file is just to drag and drop it from your file browser to your Macromedia Flash editor window. Also, if FLA files on your computer are based on the Macromedia Flash software, you can just double click it in your file browser and this file will be opened and ready to use.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

User uploaded file

Feb 11, 2009 6:37 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

nope didn't work....

I was emailed the doc. and when it was downloading it said that the file may contain an application. Then when I check the file info, it says open with flashplayer (but the icon is older looking). I have updated my flashplayer but it wont open it either....I have a deadline for this weekend and need to figure this out, any more ideas would be appreciated.

I Can't Open a ".fla" File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.