Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard Shortcuts and Disappearing Windows

Hello - I recently had two windows displayed on the screen and accidentally moved one too far to the left. It disappeared out of view. I could retrieve it by clicking on its icon on the screen, but then the other window disappeared.

I have a feeling this is a keyboard shortcut option, but I don't know what it's called, so I don't know which one to look for.

Thanks!

Mac Book Pro and iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.4), I have ilife '08 installed; Mobileme

Posted on Jan 12, 2009 8:37 AM

5 replies

Jan 12, 2009 10:35 AM in response to Dimaxum

I have an aluminum keyboard too. Command F11 affects volume, but Function F11 moves the windows to the side. I can still see the sides of them, however.

The other day, the windows simply disappeared! The missing window would come back when I clicked its on-screen icon, but then the second window would disappear. I could not get them both back on the screen at the same time.

It wasn't a serious problem because both windows reappeared after re-booting. But if it happens again, I would like to know an easier solution than re-booting.

Any other ideas?

Keyboard Shortcuts and Disappearing Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.