Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cutting off Apple Tv with Logitech 670 Remote

I have my Logitech set up so when I press "off" it shuts down all of my peripherals ... my receiver, DVR, TV etc. Everything else shuts off fine, however my newly acquired Apple Tv doesnt shut completely off.

I mean ... the white light is still on. Of course if I switch the TV to HDMI 2 it will cut on anyway. Is that OK to have it on all the time?

I know if I use the remote that was supplied with the Apple TV and hold down the play button it shuts down into Standby Mode.

Any ideas?!

Thanks!!

Imac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 12, 2009 5:55 PM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2009 10:06 PM in response to trickytye

funny you mention this... i was thinking the other day that it would be great if one of the programmable remote features would give me the ability to use the power button on my TVs remote to put the Apple TV into Standby Mode. My power blips at my house frequently and I'll come into my living room to find my apple tv running (little white light on).
for now, its not an available feature but they could / should easily add it to the set of functions available under programmable remotes IMO. maybe we should all go leave feedback...

Jan 13, 2009 9:19 PM in response to eXelement

eXelement wrote:
I think it's fine to leave it on all the time, the manual doesn't even mention putting it into standby mode. I think you're supposed to leave it on when it's not in use.

perhaps... i have noticed that it feels cooler to the touch when its in standby which has to mean the HDD isn't wearing itself out. if it were solid state i probably would not care at all...

Cutting off Apple Tv with Logitech 670 Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.