Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD Classic 120Gb restore software download

Greetings Guru's,

My new iPOD is not readable by my MacBookPro so I followed the steps in ITunes to download the software upgrade to restore default settings as instructed.

Firstly the download is 58Mb and the speed is such that it will take 20 hrs to get. My connection is satellite broadband and although the other applications are getting speeds of between 10 and 70 Kb/s the iPod download is sitting around 1.5 Kb/s.

Secondly I can't stay in one place for 20 hours but when I press "pause" download the iTunes downloader resets the file to zero.

Is it possible to download the file from a web site where I can at least pause and keep the load so far?

Is there something I have done that is making my computer not be able to read the iPod?

Help guys, please.

MacBookPro3.1, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 12, 2009 11:02 PM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2009 3:37 AM in response to batman1948

Welcome to the forums batman!

If your iPod is new, then I would suggest taking it, and your MacBook to the store and putting the problem in their hands. I cannot see why the download should be so slow - even songs don't download that slow at busy times! Your iPod will still be in warranty so the nearest Apple Store should be able to help you.

(I tried the Apple website to see if I could download from there, but as I don't have an iPod there is no 'Update' option when i browse).

IPOD Classic 120Gb restore software download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.