Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM Access Profile on IPhone

Hi,
I would like to know if Apple plans to add SIM Access Profile to the IPhone's bluetooth protocol.
If not, why ?, knowing that the best car manufacturers (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, etc.) use SIM Access Profile for their high end phone integration.

Regards,

Alex

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 13, 2009 1:39 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2009 2:02 PM in response to abeaunom

This is a user to user help forum only, so doubtful anyone here knows the answer to your questions. If a fellow user knows the answer, they aren't allowed to say until Apple makes an announcement. I do know that the iPhone does not support storing contact info on the SIM card but this shouldn't prevent syncing or transferring contact info via Bluetooth.

Jan 28, 2009 12:48 PM in response to abeaunom

I just sent my request to Apple using http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Please also send your request to support Sim Access Profile (SAP) on the iPhone. The more people do the more likely their support.

Advantages of SAP:
- Much better reception, better voice quality, no dropped calls whatsoever (as car's antenna is used)
- Much less battery drain (the phone transmits SIM card information to the car and the car has the wireless chips build in)
- Access your phone book via the cars keys/screen for easy dialing
- The car shows you the name of the person calling on the screen
- Etc.

SIM Access Profile on IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.