Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone WiFi breaks MacBook network connection

Hi all,

I know there are a lot of topics about network connection dropping on late MacBooks, but my case seems to be slightly different.

I have a late '08 Alu 2,4Ghz MacBook and a 3G iPhone, when I'm on my home WiFi my macbook loses connection every ~1 minute, it still shows all bars but doesnt load webpages or react to ping responses. So fas so good (or not...) but I found out that whenever I disconnect my iPhone from my WiFi there is no problem whatsoever! When i re-connect my iPhone to my WiFi the connection on my MacBook starts droppign again..

So it seems that somehow my iPhone is blocking network acces from my MacBook, anyone got an idea as how to fix this? The "solution" I use now is to not let my iPhone connect to my home WiFi which is not really a solution to begin with...

Anyone?

MacBook Alu 2,4Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 14, 2009 6:57 AM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2009 7:46 AM in response to LLM Dante

What kind of router are you using? I'm using Time Capsule and having some weird issues with my wireless where it shows full strength in the bar but nothing loads and at the same time my Bit torrent client shows zero download (I know that it's not the best measurement). Even though this is happening my iPhone still works without a problem.

iPhone WiFi breaks MacBook network connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.