Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add automatic numbering to a table in pages09

how do i add automatic incremental numbering to a table in pages09?

i need to be able to select a column, and apply auto numbering so that each row has a numeric reference for its columns data sets. this way, when a row is deleted, and new rows are inserted, the reference numbers change, automatically. saves a whole lot of text editing.

is there a way to auto number the rows in a column, or table within Pages?

iMac / iBook / iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 15, 2009 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2009 9:50 AM

Hi Markmal,

I'm reading your question a little differently than the Kennymac, I think, so I'll offer another observation. If you fill a column with the formula: =ROW(), you will not have to adjust the numbering for additions and deletions of rows.

To easily fill the column with this formula, type it into the first cell, select that cell, Edit > Copy, select the entire column, Edit > Paste.

Regards,

Jerry
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2009 9:50 AM in response to markmal

Hi Markmal,

I'm reading your question a little differently than the Kennymac, I think, so I'll offer another observation. If you fill a column with the formula: =ROW(), you will not have to adjust the numbering for additions and deletions of rows.

To easily fill the column with this formula, type it into the first cell, select that cell, Edit > Copy, select the entire column, Edit > Paste.

Regards,

Jerry

Jan 16, 2009 10:32 AM in response to Jerrold Green1

As I already wrote several times, the three componnets share many resources stored in:
"<startupVolume>:Library:Application Support:iWork '09:Frameworks:"

The spreadsheets functions are an example of shared items.
This is why there is a single Formulas and_Functions_UserGuide.pdf

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE vendredi 16 janvier 2009 19:32:00)

Add automatic numbering to a table in pages09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.