Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a new line / row of data in a chart & second set of data on right

I have two questions and would greatly appreciate any insight. Relatively new to Numbers and I've been bashing my head against the wall all day.

I have some simple line charts made and I need to add a third line from another row of data in the chart. How do I add another line of data to the chart? I cannot for the life of me find this option. It gave me two lines by default but I need more in the chart.

Question 2 is how do you add another set of data to the right hand side of a chart (for comparing numbers of a different scale?). For example, having raw numbers on the left for one line to compare to, and then % on the right for another set of data to compare to. Used to do this in Excel all the time.

Would appreciate any/all help, its somewhat of an urgent matter. Project due early in the morning =\

Thanks! (iWork '09)

MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 15, 2009 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2009 7:31 PM

Hi ckeck,

To add a series of data to a chart, select it in the table, then drag the selection to the chart.

To create a chart with two Y-Axes, choose the last chart on the left side of the chart list in the Chart Inspector, or Insert > Chart > 2-Axis.

Hope this gets you started.

Jerry
3 replies

Adding a new line / row of data in a chart & second set of data on right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.