Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help 'Exiting' after Automator Shell Script Execution

Hello,

I've recently installed and got running GCalDaemon ( http://gcaldaemon.sourceforge.net/) which allows me to Synch Rainlendar <-> Google Calendar through iCal (You can also synch iCal <-> Google Calendar). I needed to start up a shell script/applescript after each startup/login in order for GCalDaemon to start the synching process each time and continue to do so at the timed intervals. I would do so by the following terminal code:

cd /usr/local/sbin/GCALDaemon/bin
./standalone-start.sh

I then tried automating this process and came across shell script execution through Automator. I did so and created a .app with the above mentioned code. This works and it starts up the necessary .sh file I need and the snyching works under StartUp. My concern is however, how do I exit terminal once the code has executed the necessary file? All I have in my .app is the above mentioned code for now. I just need it to exit terminal because on startup or after starting the program, I get this issue (See Attachment)

This continues to run, so my guess is that I need to add code to exit terminal and allow the .app to close itself properly after doing so.

Please guide me in the right direction.

Picture Belows shows what happens when I run the Automator App. It continues to run until I quit out of the app manually (TheGCal programs works fine though). I feel I need to have app quit Terminal or fully end the process and quit out on it's own.

Thanks

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td> User uploaded file</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From GCalDaemon</td></tr></table>

MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 15, 2009 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2009 8:13 PM

I suspect there is a better way to deal with what you are trying to do but try this:

/usr/local/sbin/GCALDaemon/bin/standalone-start.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 &

I also combined the commands into one. splitting them in two is kind of silly.
3 replies

Help 'Exiting' after Automator Shell Script Execution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.