Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[Rogers Wireless] Questions about Iphone

Hey guys, let me run this down for you.

I want to get the 16 GIG Black iphone, with the data plan + Caller id etc, This comes to a total of...
$299 = Iphone
$80/mo = Plan (For 3 years)

So, I just want to know how much you guys pay per month for your iphone. *I also have a general question about Caller ID*. I am 15, not old enough to sign a 3 year contract myself, this contract comes with Call display. My friend who recently got a phone with rogers had his parents co-sign it, and when he calls people it shows his moms name. *I am wondering if i have caller display, and my parents sign it, is it possible for me to change the caller ID to my name?* Thanks!

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 16, 2009 6:13 PM

9 replies

Jan 16, 2009 6:52 PM in response to Ragesty

When calling from a cell phone to another cell phone, the name shown on the person's cell phone will be the name the person has for your contact info in their phone's address book. The iPhone includes a Show My Caller ID option - on or off. If on when calling another cell phone and the person's cell phone does not have your name and phone number in their phone's address book, your phone number will be shown only.

Calling a landline (that has a caller ID display) with an iPhone that has Show My Caller ID on should show your number only - at least this is how it works in the U.S.

Jan 21, 2009 10:22 AM in response to Ragesty

Hey there, to clearly answer your question...Even if your mom signs the contract she is just the "account holder" there is a section in the program we use to put "user names" which is the person using the phone. You can actually put it as anything you want. For example: Your name or Crazyman if you'd like. We do require a last name initial so if you are changing it to something like crazy man it would have to be along the lines of crazyman A...hope this helps

Jan 26, 2009 5:50 PM in response to Ragesty

Ok sir

here is more info
you can have control of what shows up on any Rogers customer’s caller ID,
as the guy said "crazy man"!!!! I bet you can have it!
as long as the receiving unit-phone/device- supports Rogers caller ID profile!
for others like one of ur friend who is with Fido-dido
it will show up as just your cell number!
is that make more sense?

[Rogers Wireless] Questions about Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.