Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code - 306 Canon Printer

Error Number : 306 A communication error has occurred. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer. Then try printing again.

I have tried everything. Please help!

Everything was working just fine and now this problem when printing wireless to printer connected via ethernet to a Time Capsule

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jan 16, 2009 5:21 PM

6 replies

Jan 18, 2009 8:00 AM in response to PAHU

Yes, after further investigation I have noted the following observances.

I CAN Print from other applications, this error occurs when trying to print a PDF file directly from safari (in this instance) to a Canon MX850 via Time Capsule wireless. The printer is connected by ethernet to the Time Capsule.

If I choose PDF and "Save as...." the save button is dimmed

And error message pops up From Adobe saying I must save Printing is not allowed must use save as.

Opened Firefox and printed the PDF using Adobe Reader after downloading file (no error) But still same error reporting when trying to save the file.

Jan 22, 2009 12:24 AM in response to Aristocat

Aristocat wrote:
Your comment does not make sense.. if it were password protected. I would not be able to view it without a password.

PDF files can be password protected so they can be viewed but not printed or saved. And my comment was a guess as to why the Save dialog is dimmed.

Adobe has a notification box when a file is password protected. ( I tested this)

Like the error message you mentioned above?

"And error message pops up From Adobe saying I must save Printing is not allowed must use save as."

The printing occurs once it is displayed.

But then it errors out?
It is some faulty process with Safari and Adobe on Safari displayed PDF files.

What happens when you use Preview?

Error Code - 306 Canon Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.