Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to create a photo collage??

I am a new mac user, as of 1-15-09. So far I love it, but I am wondering if there is a way to create a photo collage and save it in jpeg format. I was told this can be done using iwork09 pages. When I created a photo collage, I can't find a way to save it in jpeg format. Can someone help me please. Remember, I am a new mac user, so I need step by step instructions. Thanks!

imac 20" early 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 16, 2009 5:23 PM

6 replies

Jan 16, 2009 6:45 PM in response to Bugsby

Hi Bugsby,
Welcome to Pages '09.

At one time we've all been new users so not to worry.

From within Pages you cannot Save, Save As, nor Export to JPG. However, here's a way around it:

1. Create your collage
2. Assuming you can see your entire page, do a Shift Commnand (the Apple Key) the number 4 key.
3. Draw a box around that collage. When you lift up your mouse button it will create a Picture One.png file on our desktop. PNG files are a standard file type such as JPG.
4. Open that Picture One.png file in Preview then File > Save As > JPG.
5. Or you could send that PNG file as is. Windows users can open PNG files.

These Discussions are enduser helping enduser, not Apple employees answering questions. Apple provides these discussion forums for endusers however, Apple neither monitors nor engages in discussions. Enduser such as yourself when they have extra time answer questions.

Again, welcome to Pages '09 Discussions, have fun here.

Cordially,
RicD

Jan 19, 2009 10:49 AM in response to Bugsby

Wow - thanks everyone! I will try all the suggestions and welcome any and all on this topic. I am going to sign up for a class at my local Apple store, so hopefully, I won't sound so desperate in the future!! I am learning that working on a Mac is easy compared to working on a pc, but I am making it more difficult than it needs to be!! I guess that's pretty common among us Mac Rookies!! Bugs

Jan 19, 2009 11:08 AM in response to Bugsby

Bugs,

Start with downloading the *Pages '09 User Guide* from under the Help menu. Printing it out can be useful, because you can make notes in the margins.

Also see if you can get a copy of the Apple Training Series +iWork '08 - Keynote, Pages and Numbers+

This is published by Peachpit and comes with a training DVD. Check whether or when it will be updated for iWork '09.

Apple also has excellent training videos at:

http://www.apple.com/iwork/tutorials/#pages

or accessed via +Menu > Help > Video tutorials+

If you purchase a licence for QuickTime Pro (via an option in the QuickTime Player) you can download these tutorials to your hard drive and repeat them at your leisure.

Welcome to the Apple family, you will enjoy your stay!

+…or else!+ 🙂

how to create a photo collage??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.