Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast shuts down iPod

I have a podcast that shuts down my iPod when I try using it. The podcast plays on my iMac. I noticed in the Description for this podcast, that it has a Delete symbol next to it. I have used other podcasts from this same site yet they cause no problems. How can I stop this shutdown and use the podcast?

iMac G4, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Jan 19, 2009 9:14 AM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2009 2:34 PM in response to ashlander

Is this a video Podcast?

If so, it's possible that the Podcast's producer has changed their software or the format they output the video to. Perhaps, as a result, they now use a format that cannot be played on the iPod. In theory, iTunes should not transfer a video to your iPod if the iPod cannot play it, for instance if the bit rate is too high (for the iPod) or it's a High Definition video. Note that I said "in theory". I've had videos that turn off the iPod!

You could always "uncheck" the episode (the tick-box next to the episode - in Windows at least) which would leave it in iTunes but not transfer it to the iPod. Or you could try highlighting the video and clicking on *Advanced/Create iPod version* but that doesn't always work!

Don't forget, Podcasts are not produced only for the iPod but for everyone with any type of media player. So it could be that the producer doesn't know (or doesn't care) that their work no longer plays on the iPod. You could try contacting them to let them know.

Good luck.

podcast shuts down iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.