2291 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2009 3:01 PM by Leo Raymaekers
i also cannot publish. when i try to publish i get "unable publish due to an unknown error"!
i have a version of this site online already but whether i upload it new or update the existing the same thing happens.
i also tried it from a different computer and got the same error.
Message was edited by: Frank Jacob
thx but this had no effect
at the moment it doesn't matter what computer i use, or from where i log in. i have no problem logging into mobileme and getting mails etc, the problem is definitely with iWeb, since i cannot even publish to a folder without the same error message. i get a portion of the files published only. the rest, such as galleries, google map page etc is just not there.
also i now seem to have lost all my other sites that were once at mobile me.
something bad has happened with this system update i suppose. it's bad timing because exactly today i need to publish this site as the company is at a trade fair...
any others haviong this problem? any suggestions? the iMac i am using is brand new out of the box with all software updates current. i created a new mobile me account because my existing one was not working. but i have exactly the same problem with the new account and on the new iMac. come on apple get it together!
The good thing of all your efforts is that you could determine the problem to iWeb.
Frank Jacob wrote:
... come on apple get it together!
Well, there are at least 2 more well known issues that you didn't verify yet, at least I didn't see it in your post.
i get a portion of the files published only.
This is a clue to these 2 issues: a wrong filename or a problematic widget.
Go back in history to the point where you had your last successful 'Publish'
Have a good look at the filenames of the pages you created since then.
Is a very big chance there is a "wrong" character in the name or 2 spaces..
With a little bit of luck, when you do a Publish, you can see iWeb hanging on the name
of the problematic page (not always).
If it isn't the filename, try selectively remove widgets and do a Publish.
The moment Publish works, you've found the villain.
As this tip involves deleting things, make a backup of your domain file first.
Let me know if these tips don't apply to your situation.
I still have one radical solution at hand.