Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Location shows with exclamation mark but no error message?

Hi, when I type in an address for location of an ical event, there's an "!" mark showing next to it but no error messages. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks!

Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz (Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2GB/160GB/Boot camp with XP Pro

Posted on Jan 21, 2009 8:03 PM

9 replies

Mar 2, 2009 11:33 AM in response to Baloo

I've noticed this too, over the last months. I've tried to Google a solution, but have found nothing out there.

I notice that when I type something into the location field, there is a little circular symbol (like the new Safari 4 beta page loading symbol) which flashes briefly. It seems that perhaps iCal is looking up the location... somewhere. Where?

Jul 23, 2009 8:18 PM in response to Baloo

I was at the apple store and I had to ask and the reply was that since the CalDav is used for business purposes; like sync with work, and when you put a location it tries to look for a location for that Event and Google Calendar for some reason has not yet able to configure this feature. So the bottom line is that "!" wont go away beacause is looking for a location and it won't find it. In another words live with it the "!" won't hurt and it does nothing, it's just there. I also got the impression from Apple that iCal don't have a map location, and is only in iPhoto. Who knows they might come up with this feature in the near future, so lets hope.
I hope that this will answer some of many questions.

iCal Location shows with exclamation mark but no error message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.