Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme and NTFS

Does anyone know if Apple intends to update the Airport Extreme "N" router to support NTFS?
I wish to back up the Vista side of my MacBook Pro over the network to an external G-Tech 1 TB HD attached to, and shared by my iMac. The G-Tech is formatted 1/2 FAT 32, and 1/2 NTFS. I can access the FAT 32 side, but not the NTFS side over the network. I cannot make a disk image of the MacBook Pro because FAT 32 does not support file sizes greater than 4 GB, and the NTFS side is not accessible over the network. (I hate pc stuff)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jan 24, 2009 11:46 AM

3 replies

Jan 24, 2009 3:42 PM in response to Av8tor_wa

Thank you VA2020.
Problem is two fold. I would like to make a back-up image of my Vista NTFS drive from both my iMac and my MacBook Pro and store them on the external HD for disaster recovery. Secondly, I would like to make incremential back-ups of my business files located on the NTFS side of these machines. (Time Machine does the back-ups on the Leopard side of each machine).

Do you know of a software package that creates a image of a NTFS drive that could be stored (and recovered) from a drive formated as HFS+

Airport Extreme and NTFS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.