Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FTR Player issue

I have some audio CD's of witness interviews I need to listen to that are burned by the prosecutor in FTR Player (apparently a windows only format). The file icon has the itunes musical note on it, but also indicate they are .wav files. I have tried "switch" and "vlc" to try and play the cd's but no success, and so far I have not found a conversion program that works. Any suggestions?

ibookG4, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 25, 2009 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2009 12:07 PM

Maybe somebody else has some ideas but from browsing the web it looks like FTR is pretty strictly a PC-only format. It is pretty specific in its use for court records so it doesn't surprise me there aren't alternatives. One web site said for people on Macs the court could provide CDs instead, confirming the lack of any Mac alternatives.

If you're running an Intel Mac you could investigate installing Windows and running it from there.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2009 12:07 PM in response to bonniegronberg

Maybe somebody else has some ideas but from browsing the web it looks like FTR is pretty strictly a PC-only format. It is pretty specific in its use for court records so it doesn't surprise me there aren't alternatives. One web site said for people on Macs the court could provide CDs instead, confirming the lack of any Mac alternatives.

If you're running an Intel Mac you could investigate installing Windows and running it from there.

Feb 15, 2009 1:51 PM in response to bonniegronberg

This doesn't really solve the compatibility issue, but if you have an old fashioned CD-walkman you could record them into garageband in real time (while you're doing other things - just set a timer) and then send them to iTunes. You'll need a stereo mini to mini cable, run from the headphone out of the CD player to the mike/aux in on your computer, and you'll need to tell GB to use the audio line in instead of the built in mike (Garage Band/Preferences/Audio-MIDI/audio input:change driver? Yes.)The signal loss/noise problem this way is minimal since you're going from digital to digital even though you're using an analog method of dubbing.
Of course you could listen to them using the walkman also, but I'm assuming you want to use your computer to archive them rewind/replay etc...

FTR Player issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.