Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"other" memory capacity is huge in iTunes

When I connect my iPhone to iTunes, in the capacity bar, the orange memory section is shown to be taking up almost 2GB on my phone. I have a couple short podcasts on my phone that I deleted on my computer, and I don't know what else is included in the "other" section that would be causing so much memory usage on my phone. What can I do to get rid of this?

Inspiron 1525, Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 25, 2009 11:17 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2009 11:49 PM in response to Kirsten Q

More than a few hundred MB of "Other" indicates an interrupted or corrupted sync. A restore will fix it. Here are the instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

The backup you make before you restore includes information such as mail settings, text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, sound settings, widget settings, certain network settings, and other preferences including settings and data from third-party applications purchased from the App Store will be restored from the backup. You music, videos, and applications will be reloaded by iTunes. The only thing you will lose is some time while this takes place.

"other" memory capacity is huge in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.