Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Error 35?

Okay folks, I've never liked Time Machine because it is too flakey, but I got it to work until I got my new mac intel. I tried to back up and it failed. I've done the following things:
excluded Parallels, erased time cap volume, deleted the plist, reassigned the backup volume to the newly erased Time Cap volume. But I'm still getting errors. Backup Image could not be created...

Any help appreciated...
Oh yeah, I'm connected via Ethernet to the TimeCapsule.

my-mac-pro /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[4262]: Creating disk image /Volumes/TimeCAP/jeff’s Mac Pro_001f5b3c7160.sparsebundle
my-mac-pro /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[4262]: Error 35 creating backup disk image
my-mac-pro /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[4262]: Failed to create disk image
my-mac-pro /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[4262]: Backup failed with error: 20
my-mac-pro /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd[4262]: Ejected Time Machine network volume.

G5 Dual 2.5, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Video OEM ATI 9600XT, 5.5 gigs RAM

Posted on Jan 26, 2009 4:32 AM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2009 4:18 PM in response to Jefferis Peterson

Yes I know its seen but I've run into that type of problem as you and when I mounted it then used TM it worked.

Go/connect to servers>afp://ip address(found under internet tab in Airport Utility) ...assuming you did three other steps before hand:
1) Airport Utility under Disks tab/File Sharing check the box and the wan box and enter your password.
2) doing afp use that password found in the file sharing pane of Disks using Airport Utility

Jan 27, 2009 6:34 AM in response to DonH49

I found that the TC had 108 megs of unknown info on the disk so I had to do a secure erase, not an easy one and then I had to turn on WAN in Airport utility for the disk. Not sure if the latter made the difference or not. However, the computer is connected to the TC by ethernet and I cannot remember what my prior computer's settings were. Also, there is no password for the WAN checkbox itself.
But thanks, it backed up last night...
Jeff

Time Capsule Error 35?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.