Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With dual displays is different resolutions possible?

Hi,

About to get an SGI Fuel with v12 Graphics. Wahoo.

I currently have a Power Mac G5 with a 20" Cinema Display. Current display can only do 1680x1050. But I'm pretty sure the Power Mac can do 1920x1200. Correct? I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL.

I would like to get another display (leaning towards a CRT....I'm a digital artist on feature films) that would be able to switch between SGI and Mac.

Essentially, what i'm looking to do is to have a single display SGI and dual display Mac setup.

The new display would do a minimum 1920x1200. I'm assuming my current setup could have the new display at 1920x1200 and a second (current) display at 1680x1050. Correct? They don't have to be of the same resolution do they?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Moderator

g5 dual 2 ghz.

Posted on Jan 27, 2009 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 9:42 AM

The displays can be at different resolutions, but if they are mirrored, there will be a black border on the display with the higher resolution.
2 replies

With dual displays is different resolutions possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.