8588 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2009 2:46 AM by Jeff Bryan
There are several free applications out there that will also pull the photos from your iPod onto your computer. One of those is iPod to PC transfer. Works great. Give it a try or go ahead and search around for one of your own. Good luck. One thing to keep in mind is that the photos have been optimized to fit your iPod's screen and will not be the same size as the original files were on your computer. Hope this helps.
If you copied photos to your iPod using the full resolution option, enable disk use, open your iPod in Finder, open the photos folder then open the "full resolution" folder and drag the photos out of that folder to your desktop. For enabling disk use look here.
If you only copied the photos as thumbnails, you can't do this so you'll need a program such as this one.
iPod Photo Liberator. (both Mac and Windows versions available)
Photos as thumbnails won't be of the original quality when copied back to your computer.
For your contacts:
1. Make sure iPod is set up to be used as an external hard disk (as above).
2. Connect iPod to your computer. The iPod appears as a hard disk on your desktop or in a Finder window.
3. Open the iPod hard disk.
4. Open the folder named "Contacts".
5. Find the vCard for the contact you want to move.
6. Drag the vCard to the desktop.