Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

subscript/superscript keyboard shortcuts

I really like the new fullscreen feature in Pages. However, it is rather frustrating having to come out of this in order to make certain characters subscript or superscript by pressing the two toolbar buttons. Does anyone know a way to do this without coming out of fullscreen (i.e. keyboard shortcuts or menu commands)?

Best

Sam

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 29, 2009 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2009 5:25 AM

Hello,

have you tried control command+"". This shortcut is displayed in menu and works for me. You can also add set shortcut for any main menu item by launching Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts, then hit plus button, choose application in which the shortcut should work, write exact name of the menu item and assign shortcut. This works globally for any application.

Hope that helps.
-Vaclav
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2009 5:25 AM in response to Bjorn Olafson

Hello,

have you tried control command+"". This shortcut is displayed in menu and works for me. You can also add set shortcut for any main menu item by launching Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts, then hit plus button, choose application in which the shortcut should work, write exact name of the menu item and assign shortcut. This works globally for any application.

Hope that helps.
-Vaclav

Feb 24, 2009 12:11 PM in response to vvessan

Vaclav - have you gotten this to work with Pages '09? I've just set a keyboard shortcut for the Insert Comment command (in System Preferences), and it is not working. I quit and restarted Pages, and even logged out, to no avail. I looked through the menu to verify that the shortcut I used wasn't already in use, and even tried a different shortcut.

Feb 24, 2009 12:46 PM in response to sandrift

Which string had you entered when you defined your shortcut?

It must be "Comment",
not "Insert Comment".

And remember that the cursor must be in the text area to get the Insert > Comment feature authorised.

The original question was not about custom shortcuts.

Superscript and Subscript have built-in shortcuts.

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE mardi 24 février 2009 21:46:41)

subscript/superscript keyboard shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.