Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight Issues on Late 2008 MacBook Pro-Please Help

I am having issues where my iSight Camera will work and then not work. This happens in all applications that use the iSight. I have tried resetting the PMU, zapping the PRAM, and creating another user and logging in as that user...all with the same results. I wanted to know if there was some other fix I could try as this is my second replacement MacBook Pro. The first one I got Apple replaced because of manufacturing defects (slanted keyboard and loose battery door) a week after I bought it and now this replacement one which is less the three months old has a bad iSight camera. I really don't want to send it in for repair so if there is another fix I can try, please let me know. I am getting really frustrated with Apple's lack of quality these days.

15" MacBook Pro (late 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Jan 30, 2009 10:16 AM

2 replies

Feb 18, 2009 9:12 AM in response to Matthew Pendergraff

Final relevant suggestion from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2090

"If your built-in iSight camera is still not behaving correctly after trying all these steps, you may need to contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service."

G5 DP 1.8 w/Mac OS X(10.5.6) PowerBook 1.67 GHz w/Mac (10.4.11) iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight

iSight Issues on Late 2008 MacBook Pro-Please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.