Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long to Condition the RAID card battery?

How long does it take to charge the RAID card backup battery? It has been a couple of hours since my install was completed I wonder how long it takes for the battery to complete its charging so RAID Admin stops reporting events.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), Disclaimer: I benefit financially from any purchase you make from Automatic Duck

Posted on Jan 30, 2009 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2009 4:33 PM

Hi Wes

72 hours. Longer if you shut the server down as it has to start all over again. It re-conditions itself every 3 or so months. So prepare yourself for this cycle. Everything you want to know about the RAID Card is available from here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1346

Tony
5 replies

Jan 30, 2009 4:42 PM in response to Antonio Rocco

Not everything, I read that page before I posted here, as it was that page which explained what the message inside RAID Utility meant, but the knowledge base article does not say how long the battery takes to complete its charging cycle.

I'm sorry, I should have indicated in my original post that I had visited that page and it didn't include the answer.

Thanks for the reply, now I know!

Jan 30, 2009 5:13 PM in response to Antonio Rocco

I admit I'm not the brightest bulb, but let me paraphrase the Question on the FAQ page based on how I read it:

Question: Why am I presented with the following warning in RAID Utility that the write cache is disabled due to the backup battery lacking *enough charge to store cache data for 72 hours*?

If you read the message and the Answer my interpretation of the question makes sense, at least it does to me.

Jan 31, 2009 8:35 AM in response to Wes Plate

I came into the office this morning and the RAID Utility reports the Battery Status as "Charged" and now the Overall Status is "Good".

I don't know when it changed from Conditioning to Charged, but it has now been approx 19 hours since the install of the RAID card and battery so the charge time is definitely less than 72 hours.

Makes me think my interpretation of the FAQ page may have been correct. 😉

If so it would be nice if the FAQ page answered the question about how long it takes to charge the battery. Where does one submit FAQ page improvement suggestions?

How long to Condition the RAID card battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.