Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple does not deliver in time selected for shipping!!

I having my son's birthday and he really wanted an Ipod Touch. He was so excited for it and i didnt want it to come late so i got him 2-3 days shipping for $10.00. Its been 3 days since then and it has not come and its going to be late for my sons birthday. Thanks A lot Apple....

P.S. Whoever reads this, its not really a Q, its just saying do not go for 2-3 day shipping. It is not worth $10.00

Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 30, 2009 4:08 PM

12 replies

Jan 30, 2009 4:25 PM in response to i LIKE IPOD TOUCH

According to the US store site, all the iPod touch models are shipping within 24 hours. So add one day for the item to ship, then the 2-3 day shipping time. If the item has shipped and it has been 2-3 business days check your tracking info and contact the carrier. If it has not shipped yet, contact the Apple Store.

Of course this is assuming you purchased it from the US Apple Online Store.

Eric W

Jan 31, 2009 8:36 PM in response to i LIKE IPOD TOUCH

Last week I ordered a refurb MacBook Air (Love it! btw). I ordered on Saturday afternoon. The order status shortly went from "Not yet shipped" to "Prepared to ship" - and then remained there for three days. It finally was shipped on Tuesday, even though the status page had said it would ship within 24 hours of ordering.

I spoke with an Apple Store rep on Monday, and he could give no information as to the delay. He started to offer to upgrade my shipping to Priority, but he could not edit the order to do so. It was kind of locked in and in limbo there for awhile.

Not really that big of a deal - it's just that, like the OP, I was anxious to get it asap 🙂

Feb 1, 2009 12:43 PM in response to ali brown

I realize that Ali, you replied to the right person but you got the name wrong.

The shipping information does refer to business days, I think he is referring to Apple's processing time which says "ships in 24 hours" but I don't think it specifies business days, although I think it does mean that. They probably should clarify if that is the case.

As to the OP here, people also need to remember if you are ordering after 5:00p pacific time your order is not going to be acted upon until the next day. Which was the reason I asked my question that was never answered. If they ordered it after business hours on Tuesday it would not have been processed until Wednesday, shipped on Thursday and then 3 days shipping would have it there on Tuesday. Which fits her order exactly. If she needed it there on Monday she needed to upgrade the shipping method.

Apple does not deliver in time selected for shipping!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.