Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does album art take up space?

Does album art take up space? The reason I'm asking is 'cause I tried to add album art to all of my songs and by the time I got done I had very little space left. I removed all of the album art from my iPod cause it wasn't worth not having anymore space to put new CDs on it.

IBM ThinkCentre, Windows XP, 30G iPod 5th Generation

Posted on Jan 31, 2009 3:42 PM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2015 3:38 PM in response to Community User

Thanks for the reply. I started putting album art on my iPod on April 1, 2008. I have about 5,687 songs on my iPod right now. I've got some singles, but not very many. My biggest collection is country. I actually put the whole CD of every album I own on my iPod. On the newest CDs I recently got I just put the songs I love the most on it. When I was adding album art I was actually copying and pasting pics that were like 200 x 200. What size album art am I really supposed to be copying and pasting to my iPod? I might try again someday when I have more patience to try one more time.

Jan 31, 2009 5:12 PM in response to Community User

Hey there again,
Actually 200x200 is pretty standard and provides a decent pic for album artwork, so you really have nothing to worry about with that. iTunes will actually take just about any size you add to iTunes and when you sync your iPod it converts the pic into two bitmaps, where one is 100x100 and the other is 200x200. So basically, any artwork you add to iTunes is all the same size. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions. Feel free to ask.

B-rock

Does album art take up space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.