Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone FTP to 1and1 Servers?

I'm using 1and1 (Microsoft) for webspace and havent had any luck using the built in FTP app with iWeb09? It looks like it uploads the majority of the files, but eventually fails. If anyone is using 1and1, is it Linux or Microsoft based? Any help, would be greatly appreciated!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 1, 2009 7:48 PM

8 replies

Feb 2, 2009 12:20 AM in response to raffertybunch

You can get both Linux and Windows based hosting at 1 and 1 and the best for iWeb is Linux, so either choose this option or change to Linux.

If you are having problems with the build in ftp option, then there is still the option in iWeb 09 to publish to a folder and then upload directly using Cyberduck or another ftp programme. Try this and it might work better.

Feb 2, 2009 8:00 AM in response to Ethmoid

Thakns for your reply Ethmoid. Like many other users, I was hoping to use the built in FTP so my uploads would be limited to changes only. I currently use cyberduck and I have to upload my entire 300MB website each time I make any changes. I'm thinking about moving to the Linux package w 1and1 but wanted to confirm that would work. Thanks again!

Feb 8, 2009 12:05 PM in response to raffertybunch

I'm trying with no luck. Stupid iWeb gives no information on what the error is and why it can't FTP but it will work with a test connection.

Starting to feel like Microsoft. I have not had this level of frustration with Apple before. They really need to address a few things quickly.

Rather then pick a directory to publish too we should be able to browse to it.

Also need the ability to have it publish to a directory that we can rename because the "site name" added to the path is a pain in the ***.

Third,.. where is the Tables ???!!! I STILL have to use a different program to do basic tables. Really stupid.

Feb 8, 2009 1:11 PM in response to Dustpile

Rather then pick a directory to publish too we should be able to browse to it.

Also need the ability to have it publish to a directory that we can rename because the "site name" added to the path is a pain in the ***.

Third,.. where is the Tables ???!!!

Make sure you tell them what you want here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iweb.html

But I don't think it would be realistic to think any of the items you mention will be added soon. Why is the site name such a problem for you? iWeb has always created this structure, and since the RSS Subscribe buttons do not work without it, Apple is unlikely to change it.

Feb 8, 2009 1:40 PM in response to raffertybunch

In Cyberduck you should not have to upload the whole site when you make changes. You can sync with your hard drive so only changed pages will be uploaded to your server, with the new version at least. If you make changes to a couple of pages only, you can upload these individually too without having to upload the whole site again.

Can anyone FTP to 1and1 Servers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.