You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound or Loudness of iPod Mini vs. shuffle?

Since I have got a IPod shuffle (2 weeks ago) and now can compare the same music title - i'am wondering. My older iPod Mini is less loud, clear and brilliant as my new shuffle! It seems to me as my iPod Mini has a very bad playing quality. What can i do, to improve the playing quality of my mini?

Posted on Nov 2, 2005 2:59 PM

6 replies

Nov 2, 2005 6:14 PM in response to netbiker

Welcome to Apple Discussions!

The shuffle has better quality than the mini. However, it isn't that much better that you consider the mini bad.

There are sound settings such as EQ and sound check that affect the audio quality, so see how those are set and adjust.

I/My family members have 2 shuffles, a mini, and I have a 5G iPod. They all sound close/great/similar to me. But then again, I don't have a great ear for music quality. Sounds good as long as it isn't staticky (sp?) 🙂

btabz

Nov 3, 2005 2:35 PM in response to btabz

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I don't want to say that my Mini is very bad. but when i compare for example the max. loundness for a title without setting any EQ there is a diffrent (in my mind). And believe me, you must not have the ear of beethoven (in his very early days). importent to say it' a mini of the 2nd last generation.

My question: do you have the same max. loundness between mini and shuffle?

netbiker

Nov 3, 2005 3:57 PM in response to netbiker

Hello nitebiker and Welcome to Apple Discussions!

It's the same kind of quality with my Shuffle vs. my Mini. The Shuffle wins every time; even with the EQ on the Mini, the Shuffle still beats the crap out of it. I don't know how this is possible, since on the Shuffle you can't even adjust the EQ. I guess the audio chip on the Shuffle's are better or something.

Sound or Loudness of iPod Mini vs. shuffle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.