Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio out of sync in M4V file exported from QT

Hello there,
when I export an .avi movie to (iPhone) .m4v from QT, I get an out of sync encoded movie !
After testing with 10 different .avi files, I have the same problem evey single time I encode an .avi to a .m4v...
Before I updated to 7.6, it used to work perfectly

So I have tried to encode these .avi movies to .m4v/.mp4 with FFMPEGX or with MPEG STREAMCLIP, I've updated the Perian Codecs to 1.1.3...
And it doesn't work neither...Even with these apps I'e got sound out of sync.

Please if anyone have solved this problem I would really appreciate knowing it.

Thx

K.

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 3, 2009 10:44 AM

11 replies

Feb 3, 2009 11:55 AM in response to Karakoid

I'm using QuickTime v. 7.6.0.

I have 15-minute video in h.264 with AAC audio that I cut and paste into two sections: I save the first half of the video and upload it to YouTube. The video on this first section works great, clear up to the 10-minute limit.

The second half that I cut and pasted into a new player gets saved and plays fine on my computer. When I upload this five-minute segment to YouTube, the audio starts right off playing about a second or two out of sync.

I have adjusted my audio rate to 44.100 and 64 bit or 128 and have tried cutting and pasting-to-fit the audio with no luck. Is this the kind of thing that you're experiencing?

Feb 18, 2009 1:20 PM in response to Karakoid

In QT you can export or save as, a file with or without the audio or video or with both. Export/save as once video only. 2nd time with audio only. Open the video file. Open the audio file in a separate player. Select all and copy (edit copy or command+C), click on the player with the video, make sure the playhead is at the beginning and do edit paste or CMD+V.

Apr 30, 2009 6:21 PM in response to Karakoid

Same issue, but only every once in awhile. And it doesn't seem to be random for me. I try to convert to AppleTV format, m4v as well. The same movies will always fall out of sync no matter how many times I try.

I rip my collection of DVDs straight to AVI because I like the quality, but then make AppleTV ones for viewing on that device. Pixar's Bolt and Wall-E fall out of sync, as well as Pineapple Express and Shawshank Redemption. I've tried multiple times.

Luckily, I just re-ripped from my DVD using handbrake into the proper format and it worked. But it's still annoying. I don't like keeping the m4v when I'm done so I sometimes have to rip again, but I'd rather just convert from my AVI files i keep.

Audio out of sync in M4V file exported from QT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.