Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Live CD or DVD or...

Is there anything out there that is a free Live CD or DVD of any Mac Operating system where I can try. I am a windows user and I have heard so much about Mac's and before I make a decision in crossing over I would like to play around with it. I know Linux have a few Live CD or DVD's. Does Mac have any. If not, does Apple have any older Mac Operating System that I can use under VMWare.

Right now I am building up finances to purchase either a PC laptop or a Mac, I just cannot get it now. Is there such a thing for PC users that want to make the transition to see what the Mac OS platform is like and it is free?

<Post Relocated by Moderator>

Posted on Feb 4, 2009 4:33 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2009 4:20 AM in response to AdonaiEchad

First, it is illegal to download or distribute in anyway Mac OS X or its derivatives, and if you install it on non "Apple-Labeled" hardware, you are likely in violation of its License Agreement(even if you bought a legitimate, retail copy). This includes running it on VMWare(if not on OSX Server).
This makes it difficult to try OSX on your PC, legally.
<Edited by Moderator>

Feb 4, 2009 4:51 AM in response to AdonaiEchad

Hi and welcome to Discussions,

neither is there a Mac OSX Live CD/DVD nor is OSX supported as guest operating system under VMWare.

I would suggest to take some free time and visit one of the retail stores (list here http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/storelist/ ). Talk to the guys there and ask if you can 'play' a little around with the Macs.
Usually they are very friendly about that.

Take care

Stefan

Mac OS Live CD or DVD or...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.