Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eudora to Mail with Cleaner - multiple empty copies

Before this week I was using Panther for about 5 years and Eudora for about 15 years. So I probably don't know what I'm doing.

I find mail-checking slow in Eudora, so thought I'd give Mail a try. I dragged my Eudora Folder onto the Eudora Mailbox Cleaner icon, then went into Mail and did Rebuild on each folder, as instructed. But the In Folder is full of multiple copies of the messages, apparently blank.

Also, why are my Eudora folders inside ON MY MAC > Import ? How do I turn them into Mail's actual Mailboxes?

Thanks

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.53Ghz 4GB

Posted on Feb 4, 2009 4:51 AM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2009 7:44 AM in response to strida

The Import function does not import account folders, but only other mailboxes. Any prior Inbox, etc., will simply be another On My Mac mailbox -- the catchall name for mailboxes created by you (or Import) hold messages that are stored outside of account folders. The account folder will automatically result when you then set your email accounts up in Mail.

Not seeing your situation exactly, I cannot tell, but I might expect some nesting of mailboxes pulled from the Eudora folder into folders that are only holding other folders. Are some blue and some white?

Ernie

Feb 4, 2009 8:47 AM in response to Ernie Stamper

Where multiple messages are listed, they're all white until you click on one of them. Then the clicked one goes dark blue, and the other identical ones go light blue. Nothing shows up contentwise underneath. (You can't embed jpgs in these posts, can you?)

I will investigate the 'accounts' you refer to. Means nothing to me yet as I don't recall such things in Eudora.

The good news is that Eudora is now working on the Leopard Macbook Pro, since I quit and restarted it. Hope it doesn't stop again. I can't recall the error message that I got when it wouldn't send or received mail.

Eudora to Mail with Cleaner - multiple empty copies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.