Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which OS to use?

Is there a list somewhere of recommended OS versions for various machines?

I've got a 20" iMac G5 (1.8 gHz) with 768 MB RAM. It's currently running OS 10.3.9 I need to upgrade to a more recent OS so I can run more current versions of some software which will not run on 10.3.x. Any suggestions? Should I upgrade to more RAM while I'm at it? (computer is mostly used for email and web browsing, with some PowerPoint, Excel or Word use. Occasional gaming, but not much of that.)

Unless there is a good reason not to, I'd like to also run the same OS on my 15" MacBook Pro (2.33 gHz C2D w/2 GB RAM).

Thanks

John

Message was edited by: John McN

15" MacBook Pro C2D, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 20" iMac G5 (running OS 10.3.9)

Posted on Feb 4, 2009 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 11:52 AM

Both of your macs will run the latest version of OS 10.5 just fine. The iMac will also run 10.4 but why not go with 10.5 on both. Apple sells a Family version of 10.5 that allows you to install 10.5 on up to 5 macs. Adding ram to the iMac sounds like a good idea, 10.5 will run faster as a result. Your MacBook has plenty.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2018 11:52 AM in response to John McN

Both of your macs will run the latest version of OS 10.5 just fine. The iMac will also run 10.4 but why not go with 10.5 on both. Apple sells a Family version of 10.5 that allows you to install 10.5 on up to 5 macs. Adding ram to the iMac sounds like a good idea, 10.5 will run faster as a result. Your MacBook has plenty.

Which OS to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.