Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does Iphone store pictures.

Hey guys I'm new to a mac and just got Ilife 2009 to organize my pictures. I see the users folder and move my pictures there. I then run Ilife and import them into Ilife. My question is are those the folders i see in Ilife, say i delete a picture will it remove it from that folder. Or is there another folder that is hold my pictures after i import them? I would like to know so that i can backup wherever my folders are on a regular basis.

Sony Vaio, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Feb 4, 2009 8:26 AM

3 replies

Feb 4, 2009 8:38 AM in response to cryptmagic

cryptmagic

When you import a photo into iPhoto by default (i.e. Unless you change a setting) then the photo is copied into the iPhoto Library in your Pictures Folder.

This makes the folders of pics that you made in the Pictures Folder redundant.

To back up your iPhoto Library - including the pics, albums, keywords, faces, places et al, make a copyon another disk of the iPhoto Library in your Pictures Folder. The best way to do this is using a back up utility such as DejaVu. There are many, many others. Search on MacUpdate.

Regards

TD

How does Iphone store pictures.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.