Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Isync anymore with Nokia N95

I synchronized, via USB cable, my N95 with my Apple MacBook Pro for the services "iCal" and "Address Book" using the program iSync on the Mac.

I did this synchronization all along 2008. Since the beginning of 2009 when I try to do the same synchronization I immediately get the message "System error" on the phone and an error message on the mac saying that the synchronization failed due to an error . No synchronization is done.
Trying same procedure with bluetooth connection gave the same results.

Tried on another mac with a fresh system, same results.

Problem seems to be on the phone.

My N95 is on version S0,
V20.0.015
No further updating.

MacBook Pro / 10.5.6
iSync is the last version.
N95 plugin is the latest.

Any suggestion to move out of the problem?

Thank you.

CP - Geneva, Switzerland

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 5, 2009 1:55 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2009 6:27 AM in response to corrado1

I have the same problem since the introduction of Mobile me. Up till that point everything worked seamlessly using iSync via Bluetooth. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work including upgrading to the latest software for the N95. As it was only after the Mobile me change I can only think it was as a result of changes to the settings introduced by that change. The N95 has its own syncing program that works perfectly on a PC and I can browse the device on my Mac but it just won't sync, its really annoying.

Has anyone out there overcome this problem?

Feb 7, 2009 8:10 AM in response to salirip

MobileMe made no changes to iSync or its ability to sync with third-party phones. The only connection between them is that the data they sync comes from the same source.

What exactly is happening when you try to sync your N95? What error messages or other feedback do you get? What things have you tried to resolve it (so we don't suggest you try the same things again).

Presumably you have tried Resetting the Sync History in iSync preferences, and Resetting the Device on the Devices menu?

Cannot Isync anymore with Nokia N95

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.