Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb '09

When I publish from iWeb it duplicates my site name eg www.apple.com.www.apple.com
I have found a fix but the fix is weird.
I can upload successfully if I delete my domain name (except for the www) from the site box in the Publishing Section of the iWeb Site Publishing Settings Page. ie the FTP Server Settings and the Website URL sections are filled out fully but the Publishing Settings section up the top of the page has publish to FTP Server and my contact email address sections filled out but in the site address box I just have www and nothing else.
Which renames my site in the left hand column of iWeb as www. Not very helpful as I have multiple sites. The same problem occurs with another site where the host is MobileMe.

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 5, 2009 5:03 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2009 7:13 AM in response to Stephen Richard

This problem has nothing to do with ftp or anything else. It is to do with what you named your site in iWeb. To avoid this problem, you need to call your site something short like Site or S and then your url will be http://www.domain.com/S/pagename.html.

This is the way iWeb publishes and if you use the built in ftp there is nothing that you can do about it at all.

The only way that you can amend this is by publishing to a local folder and then using Cyberduck to upload your site contents rather than the whole folder - this will then give you the url http://www.domain.com/pagename. Please note though that if you use this option the RSS feed will be broken, which you need if you happen to use a blog.

I upload my site this way, but I don't use a blog and don't need the RSS feed.

Feb 5, 2009 1:17 PM in response to Ethmoid

the RSS will still work if you use the publish to folder/cyberduck method described above. You just have to:

1. Go to your web site in your browser and click the RSS icon in the BROWSER (not the one on your site). Copy this URL.
2. On your site, remove iWeb's RSS button and add your own. I recommend google imaging for the standard orange RSS icon.
3. Add that image to your homepage and make it link to an external page. Paste the RSS URL you copied earlier for the link.

I should add that you also have to edit the html code of the blog page. You must delete the folder subdomain from the URL

Message was edited by: Mr. Large

iWeb '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.