Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 08 import blocked

Good evening from Paris,
I used to scan many paper pictures and to import them into iPhoto library after having edited them.
Since today, although I have not changed or set anything on my iMac, import process often blocks and the only way to get out is to shut down the computer.
Afterwards, the process usually succeeds, but it will fail a little later with another set of scanned pictures.

Has anybody an idea about this issue?
Thx

Claude

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 5, 2009 10:08 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2009 1:54 PM in response to LarryHN

Yes, you're right: a few informations are missing.
My 1 Tb internal disk has 762 Mb free.
The process I use is the same since the beginning:
I launch the scan from the HP device manager (my scaner is HP 5300 scanner-printer)
Then, after the pre-scan, I correct some parameters
Then I launch the full scan, choosing Jpeg to iPhoto.
The issue occurs in iPhoto, during the import phase : no error message ; simply, the computer is totally blocked and I have to shut it down and start it up again.

Thx for your answer.

Read U

Claude

Feb 5, 2009 2:02 PM in response to Looping

That is better - the first MB answer would have been the cause

Try a couple saving the JPEGs to the desktop instead of directly to iPhoto, take a look at them in preview and if everything is good drag them to the iphoto icon in the dock and see if they import ok - if they do that may be your new workflow - if they don't save from Preview as a JPEG and drag that JPEG to iPhoto and see if it imports ok

LN

Feb 7, 2009 12:06 PM in response to Looping

Welcome to the Apple Discussions. I don't know how the HP scanner works with iPhoto but if it saves the file inside the iPhoto Library and then tries to import the file that's the reason it won't work. iPhoto will only import from outside the library package, bet it jpg or tiff. Give Larry's suggestion a try with a jpg file and see if that works.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 08 import blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.