Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Full resolution iPod photo option not available??

I want to transfer my photos to my iMac using the Full-resolution photo option so I can then transfer them back to other computers. The problem is the full resolution option in the iPod options is greyed out. I have enabled disk access as per the iPod tutorial. What else do I need to do?

Posted on Oct 29, 2005 11:18 PM

4 replies

Nov 5, 2005 11:06 PM in response to Romina Jamieson-Proctor

Unless I misunderstand your question....

The two places (ipod and mac) where you could view your library images are displayng two different sets of data.

The iPhoto library was in one format and the iPod has only (ipod formated) thumbnails on it.

The iPod thumbnails are kept seperate from your iPhoto Library. On my machine they are in my PICTURES folder in iPod Photo cache.

Since this is not the same set of files you could not restore it.

NOW IF YOU REALLY HAVE YOUR iPHOTO LIBRARY on your iPod you could move it back to your hard drive while in disk mode to the expected location but DO YOU REALLY HAVE THAT FOLDER or do you have the thumbnails of that folder?

Full resolution iPod photo option not available??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.