Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does it mean when upgrading to iTunes Plus?

Ok ~

So was about to upgrade to iTunes Plus, and when I click it I find this:

106 Total Songs
14 Songs
5 Albums

And then I'm given a price. I'm not sure what the break down is, or what 106, 14 are in comparison to one another. And I thought I had purchased more than 5 full albums, but whatever there. Now I have about 300 total songs listed in music I have purchased, so why only 106? I thought that more than 80% was in Plus as of last October? Could it be that a majority of my songs are not Plus yet?

Hopefully someone can make heads and tails out of what this means.

Thanks,

Chaz

MBP 2.8, Mac OS X (10.5.5), PB Ti 1GHz - The last of it's kind

Posted on Feb 6, 2009 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2009 6:54 AM

In my experience...not everything has been upgraded to iTunes Plus...yet. I downloaded a huge number of upgrades a few weeks ago and now it seems like every three or four days when I connect to the iTunes store I'm alerted about more iTunes Plus upgrades available.

My advice...after you accept and install this upgrade, sort your library by "kind" to see how many more "protected aac" tracks you still have listed.

On Edit: iTunes Plus tracks will show up in your library as "purchased aac".

Message was edited by: samdogmom
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2009 6:54 AM in response to ChazH

In my experience...not everything has been upgraded to iTunes Plus...yet. I downloaded a huge number of upgrades a few weeks ago and now it seems like every three or four days when I connect to the iTunes store I'm alerted about more iTunes Plus upgrades available.

My advice...after you accept and install this upgrade, sort your library by "kind" to see how many more "protected aac" tracks you still have listed.

On Edit: iTunes Plus tracks will show up in your library as "purchased aac".

Message was edited by: samdogmom

What does it mean when upgrading to iTunes Plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.