Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not showing up in iTunes

I've had ATV for a month now and I'm about to reset the ATV for the third time due to various connection issues. The first time the ATV was frozen and no amount of soft resetting cured the problem so I hard reset. This time I have full control of my ATV but it is not showing up in iTunes. The ATV is on the network and can see You Tube and all the web based things, it just isn't being seen by my iTunes. I'm going to hard reset again and then I'll wait 12 hours for all my content to be reloaded onto my ATV. It doesn't appear that I'm the only one with this problem here, but it doesn't seem that there are any solutions to this just yet. Let's see if a hard reset does the trick.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iMac, iPod touch, Apple TV

Posted on Feb 9, 2009 2:47 AM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2009 5:40 AM in response to dpx

I have now unpaired the ATV from iTunes and now, whammo! It shows up in my iTunes again. I of course have to put all the content back on again. WHY it is doing this I don't know. I'm afraid that it will happen again. Guess there's going to be a lot of content flying around the ether until a solution to this problem can be found.

Feb 9, 2009 3:02 PM in response to dpx

Wifi can be broadcast over a number of channels (frequencies), typically they are channels 1 through 11 in the US, 1 through 13 in the UK & Europe and 1 through 14 in Asia. These are not necessarily discrete channels and a number will overlap. In Europe channels 1, 5, 9 & 13 are generally non-overlapped channels and would usually be the first ones to try, although channel 11 is often used as the default channel, presumably being a reflection of a dominant US market where channels 1, 6 and 11 are non-overlapped.

Depending on your router, settings will vary, you should look at your manual to learn how to change these settings on your specific equipment.

Feb 9, 2009 5:52 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I know you are an iTunes guru and I'm sure many will thank you for your help.

Another question, should the ATV be visible in the itunes menu all of the time? Or just when it's doing something? The manual that comes with the ATV has very little information regarding the actual operation of the ATV and I can't find a better one even if such a manual exists.

not showing up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.