Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Timeline and GUI question

1487 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2009 4:14 PM by JP Owens RSS
The Chris Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 10, 2009 1:08 AM
Ok, maybe it is just me, but I find the GUI for color to be ridiculously un-user friendly and clumsy. I like to think I am pretty computer savvy, but I can't seem to find a way to scroll the timeline side to side or up/down.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, is there a fix?

Apple is usually so intuitive... Color... not so much.
  • Patrick Inhofer Level 3 Level 3 (505 points)
    Feb 10, 2009 2:20 PM (in response to The Chris)
    Press & hold the third button on a 3-button mouse while hovering over the timeline.

Move the mouse to scroll.

Same routine to go up and down.

There's another method but I've forgotten what it is. Go Help > User Manual and there's a whole section listing the keyboard shortcuts.

- pi
    3.0 Octo, 16GB Ram, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Kona 3, Radeon HD 3870 Mac, PVM 20-L5, JL Cooper Eclipse, CalDigit HDPro
  • JP Owens Level 4 Level 4 (2,015 points)
    Feb 11, 2009 4:14 PM (in response to The Chris)
    There's some history as to why the GUI is the way it is.

Mostly it's pretty close to the way the daVinci 8:8:8 presented to a colourist, but even the daVinci was user-configurable. Most of the reason is that it was really intended to be used with a set of control panels....

And it (COLOR) is not an Apple application, even if it has been sort of integrated into the FCP suite.

jPo

Message was edited by: JP Owens
    MacPro8, Mac OS X (10.4.11), ATI X1900XT Tangent Kona3 HUGE4210x2-Fibre eCinema-DCM23

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.