Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wont accept new face!

doesn't detect a new face
so i add missing face box
position on face
add name
click done
and check to see if it has been added to that person on cork board
it didnt take go back to picture and there is no face named on it do it again same thing
help please this is driving me crazy !!!!!!!!!
most of my pics works fine have added a missing face no problem
but some (and there seems to be no theme to them you can clearly see the face) wont accept the face

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Feb 11, 2009 6:51 AM

17 replies

Feb 16, 2009 12:10 AM in response to tlw74

I am seeing the same issue.
All my faces that I spent hours confirming are not longer showing up in the corkboard.
Under Faces in the Library it shows "Faces (13)", but the corkboard has the introductory "To get started with Faces..."
If I add a face to an existing person I have in Faces and click on the ">" after the name, I see all the faces I have confirmed. Then when I click on "All Faces" button on the top left of the screen, it brings me back to the blank corkboard. This is very frustrating. All my face data is there, but I can not see any of the know faces.

Feb 22, 2009 6:34 AM in response to tlw74

just to clarify i can see faces on my corkboard

just some of the faces that are undetected
that i add the missing face box and a name
seem to work but when i go back to that pic
it didnt take no box or name ????
so i add it again
but same thing
this is only on a small bunch of random pics
help please

Feb 22, 2009 6:41 AM in response to Yer_Man

120 gig hard drive and just over a gig free... but when iLife installed the space was zero or nearly zero and I trashed some files and emptied the trash a few times which allowed the install to finish - then restarting the computer was difficult - spinning beach ball - took many minutes as I recall...

Does this info help?

Feb 22, 2009 6:52 AM in response to terrypun

OS X needs about 10 gigs of hard drive space for normal OS operations - things like virtual memory, temporary files and so on. Without this space your Mac will slow down as the OS hunts for space on the disk, files will be fragmented, also slowing things down, apps will crash and the risk of data corruption - that is damage to your files, photos, music - increases exponentially. Your first priority is to make more space on that HD. Nothing else can be done until you do. Purchase an external HD and move your Photos and Music to it. Both iPhoto and iTunes can run perfectly well with the Library on an external disk.

Then you need to re-n=install iPhoto

To re-install iPhoto

1. Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applcations Folder to the trash)

2. Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name

3. Re-install.

If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.

If iPhoto was installed on your Mac when you go it then it’s on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first one and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only...’

Regards

TD

Feb 26, 2009 1:39 PM in response to Yer_Man

Okay, I called Apple and, I think, I got things straightened out....

First, we made a new login test user, using Accounts in System Preferences

Then, I logged in that new test user and opened iPhoto - - loaded a few photos from my iPhone and everything worked well. So we knew something was wrong with my main user ...

While holding down the Control key clicking iPhoto library that was in my pictures folder
we opened the package contents and threw out the iphoto.blob and iphoto.db

then we restarted the computer - and opened iPhoto - the Faces thing is now running some sort spinning clock icon as it is finding faces in all my photos... when that is done I think I will be back in business...

Feb 26, 2009 5:45 PM in response to Yer_Man

Okay, I called Apple and, I think, I got things straightened out....

First, we made a new login test user, using Accounts in System Preferences

Then, I logged in that new test user and opened iPhoto - - loaded a few photos from my iPhone and everything worked well. So we knew something was wrong with my main user ...

While holding down the Control key we clicked the iPhoto library that was in my pictures folder
and selected the "Show Package Contents" menu option. Then we threw out the face_blob.db and face.db and restarted the computer -

Now iPhoto works fine - the Faces thing ran showing some sort spinning clock icon as it found all the potential faces in all my photos -

And everything seems to work quite well, now... it is just great! Just about as well as I had hoped.

Apr 12, 2009 5:54 PM in response to terrypun

I deleted the two files while iPhoto was not running but not from another user. I restarted my Mac and iPhoto went off to catalogue the faces with circular arrow icon by Faces. Once it was finished there are no faces in the iphoto faces cork board. But in Todays stuff in Finder I have many new face jpg files and many ipmeta files too so something is there.

Apr 13, 2009 8:04 AM in response to tlw74

THis sometimes happens - is there any change you have more than one "missing face" box stacked - after adding the name hit tab and see if there are more there

With the stacked box exception I have always had it work the second time - no idea why once in a while it misses the first time - the one photo that had stacked msissing face boxes drove me crazy for a while

LN

Apr 14, 2009 3:12 AM in response to Yer_Man

I have no faces on the corkboard. When I select Name in a picture with peoples faces it doesn't identify faces. There are many created _face0.jpg files that have been created (as found in Finder). Maybe some were created the first time and other after the deletion of the two files. Anyway no Faces features are evident in iphoto on a picture or the corkboard.

wont accept new face!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.